20020618

I don't exactly know why, but I was really missing Eastern Europe tonight. I lived for a little while in Lithuania, and there are not too many places in the world where I loved it more. We spent a some time in St. Petersburg, Russia, and I loved it too. I enjoy big cities, especially really big cities. Maybe that is what 18 years on the farms does to you. Well, did to me. Lots of the friends I grew up with went right back to Killarney, Manitoba. Indeed, a good place to be, but I like cities. Tokyo was one of the coolest places I've been. But alas, my wife doesn't share my passion for populous places, so I will just visit.

But back to Eastern Europe. These days there is a gang of us here who still feel like we are headed back there someday. We worked in an orphanage for a while, and felt like that is something we would like to do more of. Most of us are teachers too, so we think that one day, schools and orphanages will be a good kingdom mix.

So now I am trying to learn Russian. Zdrasvuytye, minya zavut John. Ochin' priyatna. Progressing beyond there is no easy task, so we are going to get a teacher. My text is called Learning Russian the Fast and Fun Way... hahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!! Anybody know of another "fast and fun" way to do this??