20020624

I've got friends leaving left and right. Was it something I said? Andrew and Tami Smith are taking their family across the nation on a pickin, singing, folk music extravaganza. They are heroes. That's all I have to say about that... sniff...

And my friend Dave Ruis is moving to America. We're excited for him and his family in their new life in Pasadena, but we're also sad to see him go. So I am trying to make him a compilation CD for the long ride down. I'm brainstorming every song about America or California I can think of. Here's my top ten:

10. R.O.C.K. in the U.S.A. - John Mellancamp
9. Living in America - James Brown
8. California Dreaming - The Mamma's and the Papa's
7. American Dream - Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young
6. America - Simon and Garfunkel
5. Californication - Red Hot Chili Peppers
4. American Woman - The Guess Who
3. Here in America - Rich Mullins
2. I'm Afraid of Americans - David Bowie
1. Born in the USA - Bruce Springsteen

What did I miss??