20021017

Thirteen hours of driving and all I can say is I gotta sore ass. Then I stayed up eating nachos and drinking beer (english beer which tastes rather flat to me) which I just should not do. I so pay for it! There is something about late night junk food that just doen't agree with my stomach. Anyway, probably not the content you care to read.

Now it is off to the embassy for the visa interview. After that, I think I'll take in the West Edmonton mall for a while, and then back on the road. On the way here I listened to an audio book called The Bluest Eye by Toni Morrison. It was such a sad, sad story about a busted up and broken down black family trying to make their way in a hostile world. But more than that it was about how we do our best to deride and destroy the things we consider ugly, cleansing ourselves on their ugliness. It got me thinking all kinds of thoughts about how Jesus remained so close, and identified with the things we consider ugly, but to much to post right now... Read the book...